At the recent International Hospital Federation Awards, it was great to see our CEO Clayton Astles up on the big screen as part of the Awards Committee. Congratulations to all the winners and honourable mentions for the Austco Excellence Award for Quality and Patient Safety as below:
Gold: Kaiser Permanente Northern California (United States), Automated Early Warning System of Adults at Risk for In-Hospital Clinical Deterioration Advance Alert Monitor (AAM) Program.
Silver: Royal Hospital (Oman), Learning through the cycle of improvement: A comprehensive approach to surgical site infection (SSI) prevention in post cardiac surgery patients.
Bronze: Saudi German Hospital Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), Patient Safety Index (PSI) Program: An Innovative Methodology to Monitor and Evaluate Patient Safety Practices Hospital Universitari Mútua Terrassa (Spain), Autism General Hospital Tertiary Unit (UH-ASD): Serving the underserved, empowering the family and using mechanical contention zero.
- Cho Ray Hospital (Vietnam), Patient Safety Patrol Unit
- Centro Hospitalar Universitário do Porto, EPE (Portugal), Home Based Care in Covid Management: Telemonitoring using self-reporting and health professional surveillance
- Department of Medical Education of Taipei Veterans General Hospital (Taiwan), Immersive virtual reality materials increase tracheostomy and decrease the inappropriate care skills-related complications by educating healthcare providers-3 years projects
- Mediclinic Middle East (United Arab Emirates), Journey to zero preventable harm
- Multi-disciplinary Simulation and Skills Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Hospital Authority (Hong Kong), Pursue Excellence in Quality & Patient Safety – Integrating 3D Printing Technology into Healthcare Service